Information that we collect and how we use it
When you buy or use Products, we may need to collect the following data:
- User’s registration data provided upon registration and/or activation of the Product - certain information requested by us and provided by you at registration related to purchase or use of the Product, including first name, surname, email address.
Following purchase and/or use the Product clients may select the option of hosting the Product on their proprietary servers, or servers owned by Amazon Web Services, Inc. (hereinafter - Amazon) or any other trusted Hosting Service Provider. Processing or other use of your information in that case will be governed by the corresponding privacy policies of Amazon (http://aws.amazon.com/privacy/) or such other designated Hosting Service Provider. For example, such information may include, but not limited to, the following data:
- Log information – accessing via browser applications automatically records certain information. Such records may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- User content - any information placed by you on servers of Amazon (or other Hosting Service or File Storage System service providers).
License agreements, service level agreements or other documents prescribing terms and conditions of use of Products may require connection of the Product to the remote (cloud) file storage system provided by third parties, such as Microsoft Office 365, Google Docs, etc, for proper operation of the Product (hereinafter - File Storage System). In that case, processing or other use of the information placed by you in the File Storage System will be governed by the corresponding privacy policies of selected File Storage System service providers.
After purchase and/or use the Product an option may be chosen to use Third-Party Applications, for example, extensions or modules. Developers of such applications process or use information collected from you in accordance with their own privacy policies.
In addition to the above, such information can be used to:
- Provide, maintain, protect and improve our Products and develop new Products;
- Protect our property rights or our users.
In case of Products hosted on servers of Amazon (or other Hosting Service or File Storage System providers), obligations relating to information access will be governed by their corresponding privacy policies of Amazon and/or another Hosting Service or File Storage System provider.
Our obligations relating to information access apply only to that information directly placed by you on our servers and only share such information with third parties under one of the following conditions:
- We have your consent. We require your direct consent for sharing any confidential information, if otherwise is not stated it this policy or in separate written agreements between you and us.
- We have a good-faith understanding that access, use, storing or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental order, (b) comply with applicable Service Level Agreements, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect and prevent fraud, resolve security or technical issues, and/or (d) protect against harm to our rights, property or safety, our users or the public, as required or permitted by law.
If your information is not directly provided to us, but through third parties to whom you have previously provided such information (for example, through Amazon or another Hosting Service or File Storage System provider), we will be guided by the provisions of our agreements with these third-parties in the use and processing of such information.
Our obligations with respect to confidential information apply only to information directly placed by you on our servers (should we provide servers) and we take all commercially reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access, modification, disclosure or damage of data. More specifically, if we become aware of any unlawful access to such information, or unauthorized access to our servers resulting in disclosure or modification of information ("Security Incident"), we will notify you, investigate and provide you with information concerning the Security Incident.
You (as a client) agree that:
- Minor Security Incidents will not apply to this Section of the Policy. Minor Security Incidents are defined as Security Incidents that do not result in unauthorized access to the information (or to any of our servers storing Information). This may include, without limitation, pings and other broadcast attacks on firewalls or edge servers, port scans, unsuccessful log-on attempts, denial of service attacks, packet sniffing or other unauthorized access to information that does not result in access beyond IP addresses or headers or similar incidents.
- Our obligation to report or respond to a Security Incident under this Section is not (and will not be) construed as an acknowledgment of any fault or liability with respect to the Security Incident.
- Any notification of a Security Incident will be delivered to your designated administrator by any means we select, including via email. It is your sole responsibility to ensure your administrators provide timely and up-to-date contact information to us.
Limitation of Liability
Our liability is subject to the following limits:
- According to this policy we are only liable for direct damages (actual damage) limited to the amount of 10 USD. You may not claim any other damages, including consequential damages, lost profits, indirect damages under special circumstances, incidental or penalty damages. These limitations and exclusions apply even if we knew (or should have known) of the possibility of such damage.
- We are not liable for violations of confidentiality that occurred due to force majeure circumstances beyond our control.
- We are not liable for violations of confidentiality that occurred due to client-side willful or negligent acts, including, but not limited to the loss or compromise of your account data or failure to provide adequate security for your networks, workstations and other devices.